One of the best applications of artificial intelligence in the field of marketing is the use of AI chatbots. This self-learning. AI-powered chatbots can interact with customers in real time, solve any queries they have, and guide them to ensure conversions.
With AI chatbots doing all the work for you, you do not need to invest in the around-the-clock customer support team. They can save your business a lot of time and money and perform numerous marketing and business functions.
There are numerous benefits of AI chatbots, but they also come with some flaws. Let’s look at the benefits and challenges of AI chatbots.
Benefits of AI chatbots
1. They work round-the-clock and are like an always working employee that can cater to customers from all time zones. This can save money for you in the long run.
2. The interactive agent can solve customer queries in real-time without having them wait to get in touch with customer care, thus providing better user experience.
3. This can also help drive more conversions as chatbots can help website visitors navigate the website better and even recommend products they like.
4. Using these talk bots can take a whole lot of load off your customer service team as they can provide automated answers to almost all common queries. And it provides a solution and direct users to resources that they can use to solve their problems.
5. You can use chatbots to upsell or cross-sell products based on their past purchase behavior and browsing history. This is another way in which chatbots can drive conversions.
6. Using AI chatbots reduces human errors and provides standardized answers most appropriate for a particular query.
7. And, the best part is that AI chatbots continuously keep learning and improving their responses. So, they’re like a perfect employee that continuously learns.
Challenges associated with AI chatbots
1. One of the biggest challenges of using AI chatbots is that they lack the human touch. So, some users might not like standardized answers and the lack of human interaction.
2. The artificial conversation entity does raise certain security concerns, especially with regard to the customer data they collect. However, these can easily be resolved by adding additional security features to your chatbots. Also, you need to ensure that they ask for only relevant data from users and not any sensitive data.
3. Adding multiple languages and having a chatbot cater to users in different languages is a task in itself.
4. Also, chatbots might have trouble understanding natural language as the same words can sometimes mean different things. However, technologies like Natural Language Processing (NLP) can help solve this issue.
5. Designing chatbots that provide an engaging interactive experience to users is a challenge, as most chatbots simply provide uninspired, standardized answers.
Overall, the benefits of using AI chatbots outweigh the challenges and can help solve a lot of business problems. So, if you’re not yet using one, you should definitely consider using an AI chatbot now.
To learn about some of the best AI chatbot platforms, check out shanebarker.com post. And to know more about these bots and the associated challenges and opportunities, check out this below infographic.