Are you an Apple user? Do you know about the latest patents that Apple has been granted? Do you know that you can now drive your car just with gestures by Apple's technology? Wanna drive with just voice commands? Well, here you will know all about it.
On January 28, the US Trademark and Patent Office have granted a set of 52 patents to Apple. One of these patents is the technology called ‘Driverless Vehicle Guidance Around Destination Using Target Signals’. The Cupertino tech giant on January 23 January brought out this idea to the public.
With a target of reaching $2 Trillion valued company, Apple is thought to be planning on introducing voice-assisted cars. There was a rumor that Apple will be soon introducing long-planned future cars.
In 2014, according to some reports, Apple's secret project called Project Titan was developed. In 2018, Min Chi-Kuo, a renowned Apple analyst predicted that the vehicle to be integrated with an augmented-reality assisted headset. This act has a sort of guaranteed car as future products from Apple.
Since then several car-related patents were applied by Apple and executives from brands like Ford, Tesla, and General Motors are included in this plan. Now let us know how this voice command technology works.
- 'Driverless Vehicle Guidance Around Destination Using Target Signals' is a system that lets you drive a car without a driver, as is evident from the headline.
- It is capable of working using commands, gestures and touch screens.
- If you command the car to go to a place like a restaurant, library or florist, without any specific details, your car will automatically detect suitable place based on its proximity, the charges, and history of your visit to the restaurant
- Don't you worry about parking at all? The car will automatically find the location of your search keeping in mind about parking solutions.
- This car will also make use of gaze and touch inputs other than voice commands.
- When you point at a parking space using your smartphone, the car will detect that and park itself there.
Although this patent was applied on August 2, 2019, it is yet not clear whether Apple will use this patent or sell it to other automobile companies. It is true that with Apple integration, CarPlay can work in many vehicles but for this command services for driverless driving, several other abilities will be required.
The patent is quite exciting but until this car arrives, we can always dream about the best of technology from Apple. What say?