If you are looking for an alternative to the iOS App store or to Cydia, then look no further than AppValley. An unofficial app installer, AppValley offers a heap of third-party games, apps, even a few Cydia tweaks, along with much more. There isn’t any need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad, and it is all completely free.
How to download AppValley:
AppValley is incredibly easy to download and install. You can’t get it from the official App Store, as Apple doesn’t allow this kind of content. However, you can download it directly from the developer; just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and head to the AppValley download page
- Download AppValley onto your device; when the Profile Download page opens, tap on Install Profile
- When asked to, type in your passcode and wait for Safari browser to open again
- When it does, tap on Install and then tap Install again
- When Settings has opened again, tap on Install
- Tap on Next and then Done on each page as it opens, and then wait
- When AppValley is installed on your iPhone or iPad, you will see the app icon on your home screen
If it doesn’t work, repeat the steps; it may take a couple of attempts to be successful
Fix the untrusted developer error
After you have successfully downloaded AppValley, you will be anxious to get on with using it but, first, you must fix one small error. Tap on the app icon, and an untrusted error message will popup. This is not a serious error, more a way of Apple telling you that they don’t know who the developer is. You can trust the developer easily enough:
- Take note of the name of the developer on the error message
- Open your Settings app and tap on General>Profiles
- Find the name of the developer in the list and tap it
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
Now you can use AppValley to download your apps and games.
How to use AppValley
Using AppValley is pretty simple to do, given that it has a user-friendly interface and all the apps and games are in categories:
- Open AppValley by tapping the app icon
- Pick an app or game category
- Have a look through what’s there or use the search facility to find something specific
- Tap your chosen app or game and then tap on Install
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for your app or game to be installed to your iPhone or iPad
- If you get an Untrusted Developer error with your new app or game, simply follow the steps above to clear it.
How safe is AppValley?
AppValley is 100% safe to use, and that is all down to the tremendous amount of work put in by the developers. Following strict and thorough testing, they can guarantee that AppValley does not contain any viruses, adware, spyware, malware, or anything else that could harm your device or your data. However, there are a lot of apps in the store, and a rogue one may slip through the net, so ensure that your device has decent antivirus software on your iPhone or iPad.
Is AppValley legal?
Yes, it is, and there are a couple of reasons for that. First, you do not need any special permissions to download AppValley; it uses the same permissions as any standard App Store app. Second, you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad to use AppValley.
That means you are not hacking into the iOS root, and you are not breaking into Apple’s security. Because of that, Apple cannot void your warranty, and it is another layer of safety. However, AppValley does contain a few Cydia tweaks that could change how your device functions and they could be a reason for your warranty to be voided. All you have to do is remove them if, for any reason, your device has to go to an Apple store. You can always reinstall them easily later on.
Why should you download AppValley?
Why not? AppValley is a fantastic alternative to the official download store, offering unofficial apps and games outside of the iOS App Store. These apps and games are mostly modified with additional features and functionality, with in-app purchases unlocked and available for free. And it is also a great alternative to Cydia for those who can’t jailbreak right now, offering some tweaks and modifications.
However, you shouldn’t expect it to offer the same functionality that Cydia did; many of the Cydia tweaks rely on the root access you get with a jailbreak tool, and they cannot work without it. However, AppValley does offer a safe, legal alternative to downloading some of your favorite modified apps and games, so download it today and try it for yourself.