- Jul 26, 2021
Starting April 10, you can play Xbox 360 favorites such as Sonic Generations, Darksiders, Gears of War 2, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the Xbox One family of devices, with Xbox One X enhanced updates.
Two more batches of Original Xbox games are scheduled to be released this month, April 17 and April 26 respectively. These Original Xbox games will be revved up by using 4X the usual pixel count on Xbox One and Xbox One S, and up to 16X the usual pixel count on that of Xbox One X.
New Xbox games to be released on April 17:
- Blinx: The Time Sweeper
- Conker: Live & Reloaded
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Hunter: The Reckoning
- Jade Empire
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- SSX 3
New Xbox games to be released on April 26:
- Destroy All Humans!
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
- MX Unleashed
- Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars Republic Commando
These games can be played via pre-owned discs or through direct purchase via the Microsoft Store. Regional availability may vary in the local markets.
The Xbox 360 games which are enhanced for Xbox One X run on higher resolution and 9X the usual pixel count, once played. It uses the Xbox 360 emulator which showcases the best version of the game with the existing assets, without having to touch the game code. Xbox One Backward Compatibility gives players the option to use either the original or the enhanced visuals of any such game.
This ability can be accessed through the following tweaking of the Settings:
- Press the “View” and “Menu” buttons to get to the Xbox 360 guide
- Then Navigate to the “Settings”
- Select “Xbox One X Settings”
- Select for optimizing either “Graphics” or “Performance”
Remember, once you change the settings, you must restart the game to be able to play it.