After the full release of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the 20th of October, users raised issues for not enough tick rates. Problems have been spotted in Blackout, Zombie and Multiplayer Mode and developers have sacrificed their weekend’s raised trying to fix the issues in an update issued yesterday.
With the first updates to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has arrived on 20th of October, Treyarch has been kept on toes for addressing numerous issues; either player unable to loot Death Stashes in Blackout or earning Contraband Tier progress in Multiplayer and the worst of all: Multiplayer matches ending with “Game Session No Longer Available” error. “For a game launch with as massive a population as ours hitting so many global servers at once, we configure our infrastructure to ensure game stability as the highest priority.
Now that we’re past the game’s initial launch, we are focusing on fine-tuning network performance across the globe, using the real-world data we have collected. Over the course of the next two weeks, we will roll out several updates to our network setup that will continue to improve upon the experience of our players since launch”, Treyarch posted on Reddit.
A YouTube user, recently after the launch of the Black Ops 4 full version, compared the tick rate in the beta version and the full release and his tally showed the beta version to be better by a significant margin. Since beta was only available to those who had pre-ordered the game, it is likely that Treyarch was able to increase the tick rates.
Yesterday, in the Black Ops 4 Reddit channel, the developer has posted a new update that is meant to fix a lot many of the bugs. One particular crash in Zombies was due to the crafting of a shield while having Frugal Fetish equipped which has been fixed now. Another shield-related bug in Blood of the Dead has also been fixed, causing an out-of-date version to be displayed. Again, turning on the power was causing the current match to crash, which also has been addressed.
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
In Blackout, some changes were incorporated to deal with the inconsistencies of pillaging dead players on consoles while scrolling right and left. A major bug, that is, circle collapses sometimes being indiscernible to players, has since been fixed too.
Let’s look at the fixes as noted by the Reddit post:
- Addressed a crash at the end of matches for Master Prestige players in Multiplayer and Zombies. We’re planning further improvements for related UI issues in a future update.
- General stability improvements across all modes.
- Addressed a crash when crafting the Shield with Frugal Fetish equipped.
- Various stability fixes across all maps.
Blood of the Dead :
- Addressed an issue with the Shield not displaying the correct updated version for the player.
- Addressed a crash when turning on the power in a Custom Mutations match.
- Addressed an issue where players had to scroll right or left on the d-pad multiple times to navigate through Stash lists.
- Addressed an issue where the Collapse circle would sometimes appear invisible to players.
- Addressed an issue that highlighted the wrong score on the scoreboard if the scoreboard was opened immediately after death.
- Jumping while sprinting with Ruin now performs the same as with all other Specialists.”
The post also reviews the assessment of the network issues and contains an apologia for all the issues the gamers have been facing in the latest update. The developers request the users to hold on to their patience as, with time, all the bugs will be fixed to allow them the best gaming experience. Hopefully, Treyarch will be able to live up to its promises.