Mozilla Firefox is launching the Fix-the-Internet Spring MVP Lab to better connect people to the internet that puts the interests of people back at the center of online life. Furthermore, Mozilla is also urging coders, creators, and technologists from around the world to join their initiative in developing the distributed Web 3.0.
“The health of the internet and online life is why we exist, and this is a first step toward ensuring that Mozilla and the web are here to benefit society for generations to come.” said Mozilla Co-Founder and Interim CEO Mitchell Baker.
“Mozilla’s Firefox Fix-the-Internet Spring MVP Lab is a day one, start from scratch program to build and test new products quickly” reads the blog that announced the program.
The new initiative will be quick to think on its feet and will try to find sustainable solutions to problems such as:
Collaboration and Society:
- particularly in view of the current global crisis:
- Foster better collaboration online
- Grassroots collaboration around issues and emergencies
- Local and neighborhood support networks
- Supporting small businesses
- Social money-pooling for issues, people and businesses.
Decentralized Web can rebuild the internet infrastructure, communications, media, and money, using the blockchain and peer-to-peer technologies.
Mozilla is also looking for new ways to build a new way to communicate online that gives utmost importance to people’s privacy and interests.
Misinformation and Content will look at new ways to curb the spread of fake news. Mozilla will also focus on the ways the user can take control of how their data is being used.
Participants in the Mozilla Firefox Fix-the-Internet Spring MVP Lab will have the following privilege:
- Work in teams of two-to-four people
- Have access to mentorship through virtual weekly collaboration with product and engineering professionals
- Participants are eligible for prizes up to $40K
- Per participate will receive $2500
- Benefit from Mozilla’s promotion of finished projects to gain users and awareness
- Retain ownership of their projects and intellectual property.