There seems to be a problem with the Samsung Galaxy Watch. There is mainly a connectivity issue since the watch is disconnecting from the user’s smartphone on its own accord. A number of Samsung Galaxy Watch users have complained of this issue on the Samsung community forum.
A basic solution offered by one of the moderators was to try clearing the cache of Galaxy Wearable app, Galaxy Plug-in and Samsung Accessory Service. However, this solution failed to solve the problem.
The same problem has been faced by users of various Samsung devices, including but not limited to Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8+.
The connectivity problem is not limited to users of Samsung smartphones, but other smartphone users such as Google Pixel 3.
Another solution offered by the moderators was to reset the network settings. This should have helped solve the problem, however, this too proved to be inefficient as mentioned by another user on the same forum.
Another user had also tried to uninstall the Wearable App and resetting the WiFi, Bluetooth and Mobile Networks but to no avail.
The Samsung moderators had also offered a third solution which was to wipe the cache partition clean. To do so the users need to, “
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Even when the latest offered solution proved to succeed, the last resort was to do a service repair on the Samsung Galaxy Watch.
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss an update on the latest tech, gaming, startup, how to guide, deals and more.